Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My Life in a disable body

Hi! My name is Megan. Yes, I am in a wheelchair and can not speak. But I am an ordinary 14 year old girl inside. I use a computer called a Dynavox Eyemax to communicate.  It picks up my retina in my eye and when I look at a button and blink, it clicks just like a computer mouse. The DynaVox is not just for me to have a voice, it is a computer too. I do all of my school work on there. I also text, facebook, e-mail, and skype my family and friends. I paint on the computer too using a software called Art Rage. I even have a website for my art. Justmyeye.com I know hard believe!

I am in regular 8th grade classes at McCullough. I have an aide that only is there for my physical needs. Her name is Melody. She helps me with feeding, toiletting, and making sure I can do the work that my teacher gives us. Melody doesn't do the work for me, she just helps me with my needs. I want to learn unlike most of my peers. I feel like it is important because I can be successful in my life.

As you can see. I am just an ordinary girl.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan, I really enjoyed reading your stories. Thank you for being strong enough to share your views with the world. I am so glad to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete